What is the encoding intent of camcorder's built-in h264 encoder?

in Videos und Screens 12.12.2017 13:20
von Martintaylor | 221 Beiträge

Hello,

The question is in the subject: given some camcorder, in my case Panasonic or GoPro, what is the conversion strategy of the built-in h264 encoder?

I mean, given a video stream, I can use my computer with ffmpeg and x264 encoder to make it follow crf (constant rate) strategy, qp (constant quantization), cbr (constant bitrate) or other.
Results are different.

So, what a camcorder is doing?
I tried to analyse some few videos from gopro and various graphs cannot provide any obvious answer. Frame sizes tend to be roughly close but not exactly equal, there is no also a direct correspondence between size and the scene complexity, or the motion activity.

Why I'm asking? I need to recode the video, using, preferably x264 in order to squeeze its size (to be able to send it to my remote friends) but also to make it possible to extract from this SQUEEZED video photos (by my remote friend).
However, the original video taken from the micro-sd card was already encoded upon being written. So, technically, the very original raw data from the CCD was compressed. Obviously, some scenes were compressed preserving better quality, some not. Depends on scenes and motion activity.

Please Help.

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forudeohelp.com/thre/385145-What...lt-in-h264-enco

Content Curation Marketing Examples

nach oben springen

Shoutbox

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 303 Themen und 2144 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 86 Benutzer (09.08.2023 03:40).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen