Cpu fan failure

in Werbetherad 07.11.2017 11:28
von Martintaylor | 221 Beiträge

Hello,

Could it be bios or is it definitely cpu fan?

Where can I get this repaired near Denver or Vail, CO?

Is it worth repairing?

Where can I get correct part to repair myself? (What is model number of correct part?

Found online guide for replacing/upgrading some parts, but not cpu fan.

Getting cpu fan failure message...system will automatically turn off...this occurred the morning after an evening shut down where I noticed that an automatic update was being performed (...installing 1 of 1...) upon shutdown. I think it was Windows update, but could it have been bios???

Am running windows 7 (or maybe 8)...cleaned 1 fan that seemed to start ok, then shut down, but don't think it was the cpu fan which seemed harder too get at. I don't think the cpu fan was turning on at all.

Tried entering f10 when starting up, but computer still shut down...might not be recognizing keyboard as unplugged everything to take off part of back cover and clean the one fan (then replugged keyboard, but maybe into different USB port)

Computer has been serving my needs well, but if it is time to replace, what is best way to transfer files from HD to new computer (many, but not all are on external back-up)

Thank You!!!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Cpu-fan-failure/td-p/6404850

examples of motion

nach oben springen

Shoutbox

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 303 Themen und 2144 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Besucherrekord: 86 Benutzer (09.08.2023 03:40).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen